Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
We work hard to provide the best auto insurance coverage at the best rates!
Proudly serving Adrian, Palmyra, Tecumseh and Blissfield, Michigan
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Such as an accident, hit while parked or the total theft of your vehicle. It costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others if you injure somebody or cause property damage.
- If you hurt somebody while driving your car or you damage property such as a fence or a building, signs or bridges. You may be sued for much more than you can afford. Your policy will pay these expenses.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
- If you are hurt due to a vehicle accident, no matter who is at fault, your auto policy will pay your medical bills.
Not only is having insurance a smart financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Questions & Answers:
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- What is no-fault insurance and why do we have it? No-fault insurance became law in 1973. No matter who is at fault in an accident, each driver's own car insurance company pays to fix their customers vehicle.
- No-fault came about because the court system was clogged for months trying to determine who was at fault and which insurance company should pay to fix both
- vehicles. Your vehicle would sit for months without being fixed while waiting for the courts to hash it out.
- What is the Catastrophic Fund and why do we have to pay into it?
- Every vehicle in Michigan that is insured pays roughly $90 per vehicle every 6 months. This fund is used to take care of people that were severely
- injured in a motor vehicle accident, even if they must have care for the remainder of their life.
- What discounts are available?
- Depending on the carrier, there are deductibles for owning your home, insuring multiple vehicles, senior citizen, good student (children 20 and under), paperless, EFT.
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim?
- Call us immediately to start the claims process.
- How much does getting a ticket or causing an accident affect my auto insurance premium?
- It depends on the carrier but your insurance can double with an at-fault accident or you could be paying hundreds of dollars per month.
Thank you for your interest in 1st Place Insurance Agency. Our team of experienced agents are here to help you find the best coverage to fit your needs! Call our office at 517-759-7777 or contact us with any questions.